Taieri College miniball teams play at the Edgar Centre against other intermediates and high schools from Dunedin. This year we had a record number of miniball teams compete. 11 teams in the Dunedin Competition (6 boys teams at both year 7 and 8 level and 5 girls team at year 7 & 8). Our teams also have the opportunity to compete in sports exchanges with other schools and we also compete in the North Otago miniball tournament. Our miniballers also have the opportunity to attend our early morning basketball development programme.
Please note that these are the teams for the first couple of weeks of the season to see how the teams work at training and at games.
There have been some changes due to injuries and player withdrawals. Please check your teams as they are still in the process of bedding down for the season. Major change is that the the Year 7 Girls Lakers and the Year 7 Boys Warriors have merged to form the mighty Year 7 Thunder in the mixed grade.
It takes Mr Andrew Sutton and Mrs Rebecca Barnett alot of time and energy to organize these teams. Please ensure that you make their volunteered assistance as easy as possible by committing to your sport and if you are sick or injuried let them know early.
5 media items
|Taieri 8 A||Flames||Bulls|
|Bart Lind||Megan Henderson||manager wanted|
|Thomas Andrews||Hayden Henderson||Rikki Kerr|
|Gene Jamieson||Nathan Carter||Adam Scammell|
|Jonathan Watt||Jayden Grant||Ollie Ritchie|
|Ollie Sinclair||Ben Irvine||Jacob Andrews|
|Bailey Reid||Dylan Reid||Daniel Bray|
|Mason Bell||Ben Peat||George Brookland|
|Oliver Shaw||Kodi Anderson|
|Year 7 Boys|
|Craig Scammell||Mr Jones|
|Tane Stanton||Oram Gutsell|
|Liam Gardiner||Liam Anngow|
|Issac Adam||Conner Murrell|
|Zaine Murdoch||Leeroy Ellison|
|Blake Scammell||Sam Harbour|
|Lucas Blair||Arana Kelly|
|Year 8 A Girls||Blaze||Hawks|
|Lynne Blackwood||Mrs Cunningham||Mrs Phelan|
|Poppy Kirk||Mackenzie Little||Briana Day|
|Emma Faithful||Nushka Kelly||Lily Brown|
|Erica Siboharawai||Abigail O’Brien||Kimberly Pedofsky|
|Laura Crammond||Keziah Woodcock||Emily Faulkner|
|Catherine McAuley - Gordon||Adriana Mellon||Amity Jenkins|
|Shinae Stanley||Kate Wylie|
|Libby Blackwood||Paige Flett|
|Mrs Barnett .|
Important information for all involved in Miniball
Competition Rules Kiwi Hoops is the official national junior basketball programme of New Zealand. It uses basketball activities and games to provide fun and enjoyable learning and participation experiences for young people from 5 to 13 years of age.... Kiwi Hoops is based on modified games and activities that provide fun and success for everyone. It’s designed to meet the needs of young players while keeping the essence of the game. Kiwi Hoops has four stages aligned to the following school years:
- All Star - Year 7 and 8 The structure, focus and format changes at each stage based on the developmental needs of the players. Punctuality / Timing of Games
- Teams must be on court at the start of the scheduled game time.
- Score sheets must be filled in 10mins before the commencement of games.
- The clock will start whether teams are ready or not. Teams
- Each player can only play for one team throughout the league, unless permission has been given by the Competitions Manager.
- Dispensation will only be given under exceptional circumstances. Highlight on scoresheet.
- Players should only play up a grade, where this is not possible players may not be allowed to play twice.
- Any player playing twice without permission will default both games played in. Behaviour
- Swearing/ abuse to other players/ referees/ coaches will result in the player being sent from the court for the rest of the game.
- Teams need to supply 1 person for the score bench for their own games. If each team supplies a score bench person, no disputes can occur.
- Please note once game is finished the score on the score-sheet is final.
- In Kiwihoops Bounce and Kiwihoops Mini the coaches will be required to referee the game and are encouraged to help all the players develop their skills and understanding of the game. Points Table
- Points Tables will be maintained only for the competitive Year 5/6 A, Year 7 A and Year 8 A grades.
- If teams are tied at the end of section play the final standings will be determined as follows:
Two-way tie: result of the game between the two teams involved or if no game is played between the teams, overall points differential will decide the rankings.
Three-way tie: the winner shall be decided on the basis of the greatest points differential in the games between the teams involved.